Jim Carrey Sued Over Ex-Girlfriend’s Drug Overdose Death
According to CNN, Jim Carrey’s ex-girlfriend’s husband is suing the celebrity for supposedly providing prescription pills that may have caused her overdose death.
Jim Carrey Sued
Cathriona White, 30-year-old ex-girlfriend of Jim Carrey. She was found in her LA home dead after a drug induced death believed to have been a suicide.
Related: Suicide Prevention Signs & Symptoms
On Monday, September 19, White’s husband and now widower, Mark Burton, states that Carrey was getting prescription drugs illegally using the false name Arthur King and giving them to White. As a result, the lawsuit states that the drugs played a huge role in her death. It is still unclear if Burton and White were separated or going through a divorce at the time of her death.
The Los Angeles County Coroner office confirms Cathriona White’s death was caused by a drug overdose which included the lethal combination of Percocet, Ambien, and propranolol. White had no prescription on file from any doctor for any of these medications which lead to further suspicion of how she obtained them. The coroner had also found prescription pill bottles on scene with the name King on them.
Jim Carrey Is Denying
At this time, Jim Carrey is denying any and all allegations in the death of Cathriona White. Carrey will be fighting this in court and will not be taking a settlement because he states that he is innocent.
“What a terrible shame,” Carrey explained in a statement. “It would be easy for me to get in a back room with this man’s lawyer and make this go away, but there are some moments in life when you have to stand up and defend your honor against the evil in this world.”
Carrey hopes that one day people will just “Let her rest in peace.”
Drug addiction and depression do not have to claim the lives of those suffering. There is hope and healing and treatment can help. If you would like more information on how it could work for you. Please contact us now at 1-800-861-1768.Tags: celebrity news and gossip, drug overdose death