Pain Pills: Prescription Drug Abusers Infographic
Please feel free to share this Prescription Drug Abusers Infographic on your site, at your work or school, and with anyone or anywhere you feel it will benefit others. Help us continue to spread the word about prescription drug abuse and addiction.
Prescription Drug Abusers Infographic
Where do prescription drug abusers go to get their pain relief drugs?
Prescription Drug Sources:
· 54.0% Given prescription drugs by a friend or relative for free
· 19.7% Prescribed drugs by just one doctor
· 14.9% Buy or take pain killers from a friend or relative
· 5.1% Obtain pain relief drugs from other sources, including: writing fake prescriptions and stealing from doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals and pharmacies
· 4.3% Acquire pain pills from drug dealers or strangers
· 1.8% Prescribed pain drugs by more than one doctor
· 0.2% Get regulated prescription drugs from the internet
These results are from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). It is an annual survey of the civilian, noninstitutionalized population of the United States aged 12 years old or older.
Should you or someone you know need help with addiction, please visit us online at www.thewatershed.com, or call our 24 hour toll-free helpline at: 1-800-861-1768.
http://www.samhsa.gov/data/NSDUH.aspxTags: Alcoholism, drug addiction, infographic, infographics, jellinek curve, national drug facts week, prescription drug addiction