How Do I Know If I Have Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms?
Drinking alcohol is a very socially acceptable activity, especially during the holidays; therefore it is of high importance that you learn alcohol poisoning symptoms in case someone parties a little too much. Those with the disease of alcoholism tend to drink a little past what their body can tolerate, leading into what is considered an alcohol overdose. It is well known that excessive drinking can lead to liver disease, and for women, it may lead to breast cancer as well; but drinking way too much at a party can kill you just as easily. By learning the alcohol poisoning symptoms, you can prevent the need for immediate medical attention due to the amount of alcohol consumed, but also a life-threatening toxic BAC (blood alcohol concentration). There is great danger to you and your life when drinking too much.
What Are The Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms
Normally, what causes alcohol poisoning symptoms is when the person has consumed a toxic amount of alcohol over a short period of time. It’s considered a toxic amount of alcohol because their blood alcohol level is so high. Due to the high amount of alcohol in the drinker’s blood, the person may become unresponsive or extremely confused, disoriented, pass out or even go into a coma.
A low drop in body temperature (hypothermia)
Abnormal breathing rhythms
Very slow breathing
Stupor (unresponsive but conscious)
Pale skin, sometimes a bluish tint
No breathing (serious cases)
Heart attack (serious cases)
These alcohol poisoning symptoms could escalate rapidly and cause the drinker to choke on their own vomit- which causes life threatening damages to their lungs- and losing too much fluid due to severe dehydration- which is a risk that could lead to brain damage. All of these alcohol poisoning symptoms, with an added bonus of seizures and comas, could potentially be fatal.
How To Prevent Alcohol Poisoning
These alcohol poisoning symptoms are all direct effects of a person consuming an unnecessary amount of alcohol in a short period of time. Apart from the alcohol poisoning symptoms, drinking a great amount of alcohol at one time can lead to other dangers; such as: getting into random fights, drinking and driving, hurting yourself or someone else, loosing valuable possessions or having problems with the authorities or the law. None of these really seems worth it. The alcohol poisoning symptoms and other dangers listed above are unnecessary and can easily be prevented. If you drink to the excess and have suffered from these alcohol poisoning symptoms before, you’re not alone. If you or someone you know is suffering from drinking alcohol, wants to stop but can’t, or needs help, call today and speak with someone to see what the best options for you are.Tags: alcohol poisoning symptoms, alcohol treatment, Alcoholism