Glee Star Dead From Possible Drug Overdose
Cory Monteith, Canadian actor who played heart throb Finn Hudson in the TV hit show on Fox, “Glee,” was recently found dead in a Vancouver hotel room this past Saturday, stated police. Monteith was only 31. The police have not yet stated what the cause of death was, but an autopsy to be performed on Monday is expected to shed some light. Speculation of drug use and a possible drug overdose has already been circulating in the media.
Glee Star Dead At 31
Gless star Cory Monteith’s body was discovered by an employee at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel at around noon after he apparently missed his checkout time. Monteith allegedly had a party of several in his hotel room at one point on Friday night. Adam Shankman, one of the Glee show directors, told CNN that he had spoken with Monteith that morning.
Glee Star In Drug Rehab
Monteith had actually gone to a drug rehab earlier this year in March. He had been honest about his struggles with drugs and at that time was trying to get clean. In 2011, Monteith told Parade Magazine that he started using drugs at 13, and was attending rehab by 19 after an intervention was taken place by his Mother.
Struggling With Drug Addiction
If in fact Monteith did die from a drug overdose, it wouldn’t be the first time a star has lied about their continued struggles with drug abuse. If he was still using, it’s sometimes difficult, even for famous people, to admit they still have a problem and that they don’t have their addiction licked. Drug addiction can be cunning, baffling, and powerful; and without help it can kill. If you or someone you love is in denial about their drug abuse, call before it’s too late1-800-861-1768. Nobody should have to suffer from addiction when their is help available, you just have to want it.
Glee Autopsy Update 07/17/2013
Glee Star, Cory Monteith, post mortem examination on Monday revealed that the actor died from a heroin overdose.Tags: celebrities addicts, glee, rock stars in recovery, sober celebrities