A New York teen has been left with permanent injures after an e-cigarette explodes in his hand and face while shopping at Kings Plaza in Brooklyn, NY.
Leor Domatov, the teenage boy who spent five days in the hospital after an e-cigarette explodes, had approached the Plaza Vapes kiosk with his friends in the Kings Plaza Shopping center located in Brooklyn, NY, according to CBSNnews.
“The guy was showing me different products of the vaporizers. He connected one of the vaporizers to the battery at the store,” Domatov said. “When he gave it to me to hold, it exploded in my hands and my face.”
Leor Domatov is only 14-years-old and was never asked for his ID before showing him products by the kiosk. New York state and city law require that the buyer must be 21 years of age to purchase these products, but there were no signs posted at the kiosk that reflected that. Domatov now wears sunglasses because he is unable to see out of his left eye due to a cut cornea and his right eye is experiencing blurred vision.
As of now, the kiosk has posted a sign that states, “Must be 21 to purchase any product, we ID all.” Marc Freund, the young man’s attorney has claimed that this sign went up after the incident. Freund will be suing Kings Plaza Shopping Center and Plaza Vapes.
What was even more frightening was that Domatov didn’t even know what happened.
“I see like red stuff on the floor, and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, is this blood?’ So I start crying, why does it hurt me in my hands?” he said.
Not An Isolated Incident
This is not the first time an exploding e-cigarette has been reported. This video shows a man’s vape battery exploding in his pocket at a gas station. There are countless other vape explosions being reported since the device has gained popularity for smokers alike.
How Do You Avoid Exploding E-Cigarettes?
The best way to prevent an explosion is to quit smoking all together. If you want to learn more about how to quit smoking, click here: Quit Smoking Now!Tags: e-cigarette, quit smoking, vape